THE ATLANTA MUSIC PROJECT
ANNOUNCES JOB OPENING FOR
Full-Time (entry level), with benefits
Starting May 2017
Email cover letter (PDF), resume (PDF), and salary expectations (PDF) to email@example.com
with subject “Operations Associate” no later than April 21, 2017.
Notice to Applicants: please follow the application instructions carefully.
Incomplete applications will be rejected upon receipt.
Statement of Job:
The Atlanta Music Project Operations Associate, an entry-level position, will be a supporting member of AMP’s operations team, heavily involved with logistical operations across the Atlanta Music Project’s divisions of AMP Orchestra, AMPlify Choir, AMP Academy, AMP Summer Series and central office. Job responsibilities will include supporting operations related to recruitment, concert production, transportation, instrument management, inventory, payroll, and general program support. This position reports to AMP’s Marketing & Operations Manager.
- Understand and represent the AMP philosophies for uplifting youths, families and communities through the pursuit of musical excellence
- Support the operations team
- Constantly seek innovative and creative solutions to AMP’s logistical operations
Operations Responsibilities (100%):
- Support student recruitment drives throughout the year
- Support the flawless production of AMP Orchestra and AMPlify concerts, including planning of safe and secure transportation of students
- Support the operations team in payroll processing and onboarding
- Support the execute the safe and secure upkeep of all student and teaching artist records
- Support the tracking of AMP’s organizational expenses, including expense reports
- Support the purchasing process for AMP programs
- Support the management of AMP’s inventory of instruments, materials and office supplies
- Participate in regular meetings with AMP Senior Staff, development team, marketing team and operations team, as needed
- Support the overall operation and maintenance of company vehicle
- Driving company vehicle and Uhaul trucks/vans as needed
- Execute additional logistical and operational tasks as necessary
- Execute additional administrative tasks as necessary
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in related field
- 1 or more years of experience performing similar or related work
- Knowledge and understanding of orchestral and choral music
- Knowledge and understanding of non-profit operations
- Experience in concert management and/or stage handling
- Strong command of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior organization skills and detail oriented
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Superior work ethic
- Demonstrated integrity, dependability and punctuality
- Unwavering commitment to completing assigned tasks
- Passion for music as a vehicle for positive social change and desire to work with disadvantaged, urban/rural communities
- Knowledge of El Sistema and Atlanta Music Project principles
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills in writing and in person
- Demonstrated ability to execute successfully under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or in teams
- Ability to thrive in various environments including: corporate, recreation center, formal etc.
- Ability to find creative solutions to ongoing logistical challenges
- Willingness to adapt, be flexible and have a sense of humor
Notes: The Operations Associate is a full-time, entry-level position starting in May 2017. Health, dental, vision and benefits included. Generous vacation schedule. MacBook provided. Telecommuting options. Successful candidate must be available as needed on evenings and weekends. Must be able to lift ten pounds. Must have regular access to a car. Background check required.
To Apply: Email cover letter (PDF), resume (PDF), and salary expectations (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Operations Associate” no later than April 21, 2017.
It is the policy of the Atlanta Music Project not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
|Job Category||AMP Positions|