THE ATLANTA MUSIC PROJECT
ANNOUNCES JOB OPENING FOR
AMPlify Kindezi ACCOMPANIST
Kindezi School West
Part-Time, Hourly Position, Starting September 2019
Statement of Job:
In alignment with the Atlanta Music Project’s (AMP) mission, the AMPlify Kindezi Accompanist will accompany the AMPlify Kindezi choirs for rehearsals during after-school hours, and periodic public performances in alignment with AMP’s mission.
- Understand and represent the AMP philosophies for uplifting youths, families and communities through the pursuit of musical excellence
- Accompany at least four performances of AMPlify Choirs
- Accompany at least two choral rehearsals a week
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Passion for music as a vehicle for positive social change
- Minimum of one year experience teaching/leading general music and/or choral ensembles, as an accompanist
- Ability to inspire, work with and mentor youths ages 6 and up in a diverse environment
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Music (Piano Performance a plus)
- Ability to improvise, perform various genres
- Advanced sight reading skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills and be comfortable working in a team
- Ability to adapt, be flexible and have a sense of humor
Notes: Pay rate is $25/hour for accompanying. Must be available Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3:30pm to 5:30pm. The Kindezi School West is located at 286 Wilson Mill Rd SW, Atlanta, GA 30331. Background check required.
To Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Substitute Accompanist” by August 18, 2019. Accompanist auditions and interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
It is the policy of the Atlanta Music Project not to discriminate against any applicant for
employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
|Job Category||AMPlify Choral|