THE ATLANTA MUSIC PROJECT
ANNOUNCES FULL-TIME JOB OPENING FOR
MARKETING & DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
Entry-Level, Full-Time, Starting September 2019
NOTE TO APPLICANTS:
Please follow application instructions listed at the end of this job description
Summary of Position
The Atlanta Music Project seeks a creative, motivated and detail-oriented individual to take on the new position of Marketing & Development Associate.
The Marketing & Development Associate will work within the AMP development department, focusing on social media marketing, public relations and, post-gift donor management. The AMP development team consists of the Chief Executive Officer, Development Manager, Grants Manager, and the Marketing & Development Associate.
The successful candidate will possess an unyielding commitment to empowering youth to realize their possibilities through music. This position reports to the Atlanta Music Project’s Chief Executive Director.
About the Atlanta Music Project
Founded in 2010, the Atlanta Music Project provides intensive, tuition-free music education for underserved youth right in their neighborhood. AMP’s mission is to empower underserved youth to realize their possibilities through music. In addition to four after-school learning sites providing band, orchestra and choir instruction, AMP’s programs include: the AMP Academy, providing advanced musical training to AMP’s most talented and dedicated students; the AMP Summer Series, a music festival and school; and the AMP Youth Orchestras and Choirs.
AMP music ensembles perform more than 50 concerts annually, performing in venues all across Atlanta, from community centers to the Mercedes-Benz Stadium. AMP music ensembles have performed alongside international stars such as the Harlem Quartet, electric violinist Lindsey Stirling, pianist Terrence Wilson, soprano Alison Buchanan, rapper Lecrae, R&B singer Monica, and the Imani Winds. AMP musicians can be seen performing with rapper T.I. on NPR’s Tiny Desk concert series. AMP’s young musicians have successfully auditioned for Georgia All-State ensembles, the Atlanta Opera, and have concertized as far away as Los Angeles, Aspen, Mexico City and Scotland. AMP is a 2019 winner of ArtsATL’s Luminary Award for Arts Education and a 2018 winner of Emory University’s Martin Luther King Jr. Community Service Award. In 2016 and 2017, the White House named AMP one of the top 50 youth arts programs in the nation.
AMP’s existence is a direct result of the 2009 TED Prize, which was awarded to Dr. Jose Antonio Abreu, founder of Venezuela’s El Sistema. AMP’s co-founders were members of the Sistema Fellows Program at the New England Conservatory in Boston.
The 2019-2020 school year will be a milestone year for AMP as we celebrate our tenth year of programming. This will also be AMP’s first full year in its first ever headquarters space, the AMP Center for Performance and Education. With a 2019-2020 annual operating budget projected at just over $1MM, AMP will serve 350 young musicians.
AMP’s current and past funders include Carnegie Hall, PwC, Bank of America, the Chick-fil-A Foundation, the Coca-Cola Foundation, Mailchimp, The Zeist Foundation, the Abraham J. & Phyllis Katz Foundation, the Harland Charitable Foundation, the Arthur M. Blank Foundation, Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs, Fulton County Arts Council, Georgia Council for the Arts, Georgia Music Foundation and the Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta.
AMP’s partners and collaborators include the City of Atlanta Department of Parks and Recreation, The Kindezi Schools, the Woodruff Arts Center, Atlanta Public Schools and Clayton State University and Carnegie Hall.
AMP is a member of “El Sistema USA,” the National Alliance of El Sistema Inspired Programs.
For more information visit https://www.atlantamusicproject.org
Marketing Responsibilities (50%)
- Collaborate with program staff, faculty and students to collect compelling stories and narratives to be used in marketing and grant applications
- Implement and manage AMP’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, IG)
- Produce and disseminate content for the AMP website
- Produce and disseminate content for AMP’s email blasts (Mailchimp)
- Write press releases
- Assist Chief Development Officer in handling media inquiries
- Assist in the development and production of flyers, graphics, and donor reports
Development Responsibilities (50%)
Donor Management Support
- Support Development Associate in Donor data base management (Bloomerang)
- Support Development Associate in Post-gift management, including thank you letters and follow ups
Event Production Support
- Assist with special event production
- Assist with special event fundraising, ticketing and donor management, including production of event collateral: invitations, donor cards, thank you cards
- Contribute to the research and discovery of new grant funding opportunities
- Assist in writing process and information gathering for grant application
- Assist with development of social media story bank
- Support general program administration
- As needed, provide general administrative support related to AMP’s development activities
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- 1 year relevant work experience, preferably in PR, arts, non-profit
- Strong writing skills
- Strongly skilled in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Mailchimp
Candidate Profile and Skills:
- High Integrity, dependable and self-motivated
- Natural curiosity and creativity
- Superior organization skills, both cloud-based and office-based
- Superior time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Possesses extreme optimism and tenacity, especially in the face of challenging, high-pressure situations
- Entrepreneurial and innovative spirit who thrives in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge of the arts and arts education, particularly music
Additional Work Demands
- Must be willing and able to work some evenings and weekends
- Must be able to lift 10 pounds
Notes: The Marketing & Development Associate is a full-time, entry-level position starting in September of 2019. Health, dental and vision benefits included. AMP provides MacBook laptop, telecommuting options and generous vacation policy. Background check required.
Prepare one document in PDF format consisting of the following:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
- Salary expectations
Email the one document in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Marketing & Development Associate.” Applications will be accepted through August 18, 2019. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and the successful candidate may be hired prior to August 18, 2019.
It is the policy of the Atlanta Music Project not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
|Job Category||AMP Positions|