THE ATLANTA MUSIC PROJECT
ANNOUNCES 2 OR JOB OPENINGS FOR
AMP ORCHESTRA SITE ASSISTANT
Hourly Position, starting September 4, 2018
Statement of Job:
In alignment with the Atlanta Music Project (AMP) mission, the AMP Site Assistant will assist AMP Manager of Primary Orchestras with administrative and musical tasks at AMP Orchestra after-school sites.
- Learn, understand and represent the AMP philosophies for uplifting youths, families and communities through the pursuit of musical excellence
- Complete administrative tasks such as attendance, photocopies, class/rehearsal set up and take down, social media, preparing flyers/announcements, communication with parents/guardians
- Perform stagehand duties at selected AMP Orchestra concerts
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Assist Teaching Artists as needed
- Occasionally teach and/or mentor AMP students
- Form effective work relationship with other AMP Site Assistants
- Attend peer exchange/training workshops throughout the year
Ideal candidate will:
- A bachelor’s degree in music education, music performance, education, social work or related field; OR be a current undergraduate or graduate student
- Possess a passion for music as a tool for positive social change
- Possess the ability to inspire, work with and mentor youths ages 6 and up
- Possess some proficiency on one of the following instruments: violin, viola, cello, double bass, flute, clarinet, oboe, bassoon, trumpet, French horn, trombone, tuba, percussion
- Possess excellent proficiency on Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Possess basic proficiency with social media including Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Possess excellent inter-personal skills and be comfortable working in a team
- Possess ability to adapt, be flexible and have a sense of humor
Note: Pay rate is $10 per hour for 6-10 hours per week (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursdays 3:30-6:30). Background check required. This position requires a car. The AMP Orchestra sites are located in Southwest Atlanta at the following City of Atlanta recreation centers: South Bend Center for Art and Culture and Perkerson Park Recreation Center.
To Apply: Please send an email with resume attached to email@example.com with subject “AMP Orchestra Site Assistant” no later than Friday September 7, 2018.
|Job Category||AMP Orchestra|