THE ATLANTA MUSIC PROJECT
ANNOUNCES JOB OPENING FOR
AMP SITE ASSISTANT
Part-Time, Hourly Position, Starting September 2019
Statement of Job:
In alignment with the Atlanta Music Project’s (AMP) mission, the AMP Site Assistant will work collaboratively with the AMP choral and/or orchestral program administrators through administrative and musical tasks during after-school hours, in alignment with AMP’s mission.
- Understand and represent the AMP philosophies for uplifting youths, families and communities through the pursuit of musical excellence
- Complete administrative tasks such as attendance, photocopies, class/rehearsal set up and take down, social media, preparing flyers/announcements, communication with parents/guardians
- Perform stagehand duties at selected AMP Choir and/or AMPOrchestra concerts
- Assist AMP program administrators and Teaching Artists as needed
- Form effective work relationships with AMP orchestral and choral Teaching Artists as needed
- Occasionally teach and/or mentor AMP students
- Attend peer exchange and professional development workshops
- Execute additional administrative tasks as necessary
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Passion for music as a vehicle for positive social change
- Desire to work with disadvantaged, urban/rural communities
- Ability to inspire, work with and mentor children and teens
- Experience performing in choir or orchestra
- Experience working with youth choral or orchestral ensembles
- Excellent proficiency on Word, Excel, Power Point
- Basic proficiency with social media platforms
- Excellent inter-personal skills and be comfortable working in a team
- Ability to adapt, be flexible and have a sense of humor
- Reliable phone and car
Notes: Pay rate is $12.50/hour for 4-8 hours/week, minimum 20 weeks. Background check required.
Hours vary from Tuesday – Thursday during either the after school hours or evening and weekends, based on site.
To Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “AMP Site Assistant” no later than Sunday, August 18, 2019. Interviews will be held on rolling basis. This position may be filled prior to the application deadline.
It is the policy of the Atlanta Music Project not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
|Job Category||AMP Orchestra, AMPlify Choral|