THE ATLANTA MUSIC PROJECT
ANNOUNCES JOB OPENING FOR
AMPlify SITE ASSISTANT
AMPlify Kindezi Site
Part-Time, Hourly Position, Starting September 4, 2018
Statement of Job:
In alignment with the Atlanta Music Project’s (AMP) mission, the AMPlify Site Assistant will work collaboratively with the AMPlify Director and Teaching Artists through administrative and musical tasks during after-school hours, in alignment with AMP’s mission.
- Understand and represent the AMP philosophies for uplifting youths, families and communities through the pursuit of musical excellence
- Complete administrative tasks such as attendance, photocopies, class/rehearsal set up and
take down, social media, preparing flyers/announcements, communication with parents/guardians
- Perform stagehand duties at selected AMPlify concerts
- Assist AMPlify Director and Teaching Artists as needed
- Form effective work relationships with AMPlify Teaching Artists as needed
- Occasionally teach and/or mentor AMPlify students
- Attend peer exchange and professional development workshops
- Execute additional administrative tasks as necessary
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Passion for music as a vehicle for positive social change
- Desire to work with disadvantaged, urban/rural communities
- Ability to inspire, work with and mentor children and teens
- Experience with choral ensembles
- Excellent proficiency on Word, Excel, Power Point
- Basic proficiency with social media platforms
- Excellent inter-personal skills and be comfortable working in a team
- Ability to adapt, be flexible and have a sense of humor
- Reliable phone and car
Notes: Pay rate is $10/hour for 4-8 hours/week, minimum 20 weeks. Background check required.
Candidate should have availability on weekdays between the hours of 3:00PM – 6:00PM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The AMPlify Kindezi site is located at the Kindezi Schools West, 286 Wilson Mill Road, SW Atlanta, GA 30331
To Apply: Email resume to email@example.com with subject “AMPlify Kindezi Site Assistant” no later than Friday September 7, 2018. Interviews will be held on rolling basis. This position may be filled prior to the application deadline.
It is the policy of the Atlanta Music Project not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
|Job Category||AMPlify Choral|