THE ATLANTA MUSIC PROJECT
ANNOUNCES JOB OPENING FOR
AMP BEGINNER BAND TEACHING ARTIST
Starting September 2019
Statement of Job:
In alignment with the Atlanta Music Project (AMP) mission, the AMP Beginner Band Teaching Artist will be responsible for conducting AMP Beginner Band (grades 1 – 5) rehearsals, monitoring student attendance and behavior and liaising with parents. This position reports to the Manager of Primary Orchestras.
For more information, visit www.atlantamusicproject.org.
- Understand and represent the AMP philosophies for uplifting youths, families and communities through the pursuit of musical excellence
- Conducting AMP Beginner Band at AMP concerts
- Setting up and taking down class materials
- Choose and determine repertoire for AMP concerts, in collaboration with Manager of Primary Orchestras
- Collaborate with other AMP Teaching Artists on site
- Attend peer exchange and professional development workshops
- Attend meetings with senior AMP staff as needed
- Execute additional administrative tasks as necessary
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Passion for music as a vehicle for positive social change
- Bachelor of Music Education preferred with a concentration in winds, teaching certification a plus
- Ability to inspire, work with and mentor elementary and or middle school youth
- Desire to work with disadvantaged, urban/rural communities
- Knowledge of El Sistema and Atlanta Music Project principles
- Exemplary ability to lead a beginner (elementary) level band with varying levels of students
- Excellent leadership ability, inter-personal skills and be comfortable working in a team
- Ability to adapt, be flexible and have a sense of humor
Notes: Pay rate is $50 per hour for 4-8 hours per week. Must be available Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 4:00pm to 6:00pm. Background check required. Rehearsals located at South Bend Center for Art and Culture, 1955 Compton Drive, SE Atlanta, GA 30315 sites in Southwest Atlanta, GA.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Beginner Band Teaching Artist” no later than Sunday, August 18, 2019. Application accepted on a rolling basis. Position may be filled prior to application deadline.
|Job Category||AMP Orchestra|