The Atlanta Music Project is pleased to announce the launch of the Atlanta Music Project Youth Choirs for the fall of 2018.
Open to all students from anywhere, the AMP Youth Choirs are the most advanced vocal ensembles at AMP and are designed for music students who are already proficient singers.
Performing both standard and world choral literature, it is AMP’s goal for the AMP Youth Orchestras to become one of the top youth training choir programs in the country.
Admittance to the AMP Youth Choirs is granted through a competitive audition process only, which is held each year in late August/early September. Students who accept an invitation to join the AMP Youth Choir must commit to attending for the entire school year.
All AMP Youth Choir members will receive:
- Choir Folder
- Concert Attire
The AMP Youth Choirs are tuition-free, but there is a $25 registration fee ($10 for siblings) for each semester. Payment plans are available.
For all rehearsals and concerts, AMP will provide shuttle service to and from Oakland City MARTA Station.
All AMP Youth Choir rehearsals and concerts take place at Sylvan Hills Middle School located at 1461 Sylvan Road SW Atlanta, GA 30310
AMP Youth Choir auditions will take place at the South Bend Center located at 1955 Compton Drive SE Atlanta, GA 30315 on the below dates. Auditions slots are assigned on a first come first serve basis, as applications are received. Apply to audition for the AMP Youth Choirs here.
- Saturday September 8 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Sunday September 9 1:00pm to 5:00pm
- Saturday September 15 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Sunday September 16 1:00pm to 5:00pm (if needed)
REQUIRED CHOIR AUDITION REPERTOIRE:
PERFORM ONE SOLO PIECE
AMP JUNIOR YOUTH CHOIR
- All voices
- Age: grades 5 through 8
- Level: intermediate
- Thursdays 6:30pm to 8:00pm
- Saturdays 9:00am to 12:00pm
AMP SENIOR YOUTH CHOIR
- Age: grades 9 through 12
- Level: advanced
- Thursdays 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Saturdays 9:00am to 12:00pm
CONCERT SCHEDULE (FOR JUNIOR & SENIOR YOUTH CHOIR)
- Holiday Concert: December 8, 2018. Dress Rehearsal 9:00am; Concert 12:30pm
- Black History Month Concert: February 9, 2019. Dress Rehearsal 9:00am; Concert 12:30pm
- Spring Concert (joint with AMP Youth Orchestras): May 4, 2019: Dress Rehearsal 4:00pm; Concert 7:00pm
All AMP Youth Orchestra & Choir students are eligible for Music Theory Classes, which will emphasize and develop note reading, rhythm comprehension and ear training. Students must commit to attending the class for the entire semester (September to December and/or January to May):
- Music Theory Level I: Saturdays after rehearsals: 1:00pm to 2:00pm
- Music Theory Level II: Saturday after rehearsals: 2:00pm to 3:00pm
A limited number of students will be accepted, through an application and interview process, for the conducting classes. Conducting students will have the opportunity to conduct AMP students in concert during the year.
- Orchestra Conducting: Saturday after rehearsals: 3:30pm to 5:00pm
- Choral Conducting: Saturday after rehearsals: 3:30pm to 5:00pm